- Sound demos
- Super Saw
This audio demo was created to demonstrate the Woovebox implementation of Super Saw oscillators.
Four identical sequences, showcase the four available Super Saw oscillator detune states (from heavy detune to subtle detune). Each sequence consists of;
- raw supersaw output, unmodulated, unfiltered 3-note + 1 bass note chord stabs (various inversions), replicated over two octaves. Reverb, stereo chorus and delay effects are applied.
- as above, but with a double drone note (transposed chord root)
- as above, but with an added arpeggiated double octave super saw with an LFO subtly opening the filter, and with simple decay amplitude envelope
- as above, but with a side-chained basic kick drum
Like the original, the Super Saw oscillators in your Woovebox consist of seven detuned saw wave oscillators, filtered by a key-following low cut filter. Though the above examples intentionally uses the same detune state for all parts, the four Super Saw oscillator types (e.g. detune states) may be mixed at will. Two Super Saw oscillator types may be used per voice. Given that the Woovebox synth architecture treats the Super Saw oscillators as basic sound sources (and not as an algorithm), they may be combined through any of the sixteen available algorithms to achieve complex patches and sound designs.
This demo features 252 simultaneous saw waves, yet utilizing under 50% DSP resources including effects and kick drum.
You may also be interested in...
- "Take the Leap" (single pattern challenge) (under Sound demos)
Opening up of delay, reverb and attack by linking filter's cut-off.
- Example (under Gating)
- Set output volume (under Quick start guide and video)
Hold play and turn the value knob left or right to set the output volume to a comfortable level.
- Glob (song globals) page (under Song-wide settings)
- 2. root song scale root note (under Glob (song globals) page)