Make more music with less
An ultra-compact and versatile workstation/groovebox, for fast digital music production, anywhere.
16 part multi-timbral / 16 tracks (1 x 4-voice polyphonic track + 15 x 4-voice paraphonic or mono tracks)*
16 versatile synthesis algorithms
17 low-aliasing oscillator models + up to 256 user samples
Virtual Analog, FM, Super Saw, AM, RingMod, x0x percussion, more
2 oscillator models per voice
1 multi-mode filter per voice (10 filter types)
2 x AEG, FEG, multiple LFOs per voice
global multi-FX; reverb, stereo chorus, 2 x stereo delay
per-voice FX; distortion, saturation, bit crushing, resampling, global multi-FX sends
per-voice dynamics; compressor/limiter, 4-bus side-chaining, gating
master compressor/limiter, vinyl and noise effects
emulates vintage digital, analog and organic sounds
extensive, complex sound design capabilities
16 songs x 16 tracks x 16 patterns x 16 steps
fast workflow; create new intricate song ideas in minutes
polyrhythms, generative, arpeggio and x0x-style patterns
use scales, modes, chord types and inversions, w/o music theory
per-step conditionals, 100+ step modifier type, probabilities
pattern chaining, pattern muting conditions
micro-timing and swing
song mode with per-fragment transformation and automation
send sync and MIDI to control connected gear
exports songs as WAV (song, stems dry & wet)
62s @ 44.1kHz 8-bit mu-law compressed (~12-bit effective) w/reconstructive interpolation
16 user kits x 16 samples
dedicated 3.5mm line-input
digital sample import via Bluetooth
mangle, slice, chop, re-arrange samples
add new oscillators, one-shots and loops
multi-sample, single instrument support
use live input as an oscillator model
re-sample internal synthesizer
automatic space management and optimization
*polyphony restrictions may apply depending on used DSP resources
68g / 2.4oz / 0.15 lbs
71.6mm/2.8"(W) x 76.0mm/3"(L) x 7.9mm/0.31"(H slab) 30.8mm/1.21"(H knob)
USB-C rechargeable 1000mAh internal battery
10h+ battery life continuous play, Bluetooth off
6.30h+ battery life continuous play, Bluetooth on
physical on/off switch
protective case included
3.5mm stereo audio-out with sync pulse out via breakout cable (included)
3.5mm audio-in for sampling, effects and live mix of external gear
3.5mm type-A MIDI out*
USB-C port (charging-only)*
Bluetooth LE wireless MIDI in/out**
Wooveconnect web interface***; song/sample transfer, WAV export, firmware update
live mode with 16 triggerable scenes, programmable automation and re-triggering effects
mute and unmute tracks on the fly
16 tactile micro switches for live playing and improvisation
unique dynamic key-mapping for live melody improvisation
process 2 channels of audio-in as part of your song or live performance
integrate external audio into synthesis engine
endless live sound mangling possibilities and rhythmic effects
*cable not included
**compatible with macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and - to a degree - Windows
***requires a Bluetooth LE compatible host device, operating system and WebMIDI enabled browser (e.g. not compatible with Safari/iOS)
These eclectic sound demos were 100% created on the Woovebox micro music workstation.
All demo songs were exclusively synthesized from scratch using white noise, basic sine, triangle, pulse and saw waves, unless explicitly noted. Where vocal samples were used, they were imported raw, straight from sample packs. All processing and slicing was performed on the device.
Best appreciated with headphones 🎧 or a good speaker system with sub-woofer.
This 100% Woovebox produced lounge track was created to demonstrate;
Woovebox sound demo: "Sea Caves of Arcadia"
- Fully synthesized song, except for built-in crash cymbal
- Synthesis of water-related timbres
- Synthesis of wah-guitar
- Dual delay effects with feedback effects (cave echoes)
This 100% Woovebox produced classic 90s melodic trance track was created to demonstrate;
Woovebox sound demo: "Step Into My World"
- Fully synthesized song, except for built-in crash sample, built-in piano hammer samples, and imported vocal samples
- Classic 808/909-style real-time drum synthesis
- Classic risers and fallers synthesis
- Classic trance PWM lead, piano, choir pad synthesis
- Percussion bongo/conga loop synthesis
- Extensive song mode build-ups and automation
- Extensive use of dynamics; per-track compression/limiting, ducking, side-chaining and master compressor/limiter
- Use of multi-instrument mode to re-use track timbres across other tracks
This 100% Woovebox produced trip hop-style demo was created to demonstrate;
Woovebox sound demo: "Bitter Sweet"
- Fully synthesized song, except for "mmm" vocal sample
- Organic timbre synthesis (percussion, orchestral strings, guitar)
- 808-style kick/bass
- Hi-hat ratchets
- Lo-fi loop synthesis (industrial machine loop) and warped leads (sine lead with deliberate dissonant overtones)
- Advanced filtered delay effects through dual delay unit feedback ("mmm" vocal sample, which is the only sample in this track)
- Vinyl crackle and hiss effect
This 100% Woovebox produced Big Beat track was created to demonstrate the Woovebox' vicious, dirty side;
Woovebox sound demo: "Shelob Must Feed"
- Fully synthesized song, except for built-in crash sample
- Dirty overdriven, distorted, overcompressed audio, kicks and basses.
- Demonic screeching effects. 🕷️
This short 100% Woovebox produced alternative hip hop sound demo was created to demonstrate;
Woovebox sound demo: "Columbidae"
- Fully synthesized pattern/loop (except for built-in crash cymbal sample)
- Sound synthesis for alternative hip hop percussion, loops and sounds, such as layered claps/snare and syncopated hi-hats
This 100% Woovebox produced sub-tropical house track was created to demonstrate;
Woovebox sound demo: "Zephyrus' Pursuit"
- Fully synthesized song, except for imported vocal samples
- Dual delay effects with feedback effects (vocals)
- A song that does not use the chord track
- Glissando conditionals
This 100% Woovebox produced eurodance track was created to demonstrate;
Woovebox demo track: "So Good"
- Fully synthesized song, except for built-in crash cymbal sample, built-in piano hammer sample, and imported vocal samples
- 808/909-style real-time drum synthesis (all drums and percussion, except crash cymbal)
- Supersaw real-time synthesis (strings, arpeggios)
- Sign Conditional real-time synthesis (grand piano, with use of built-in hammer sound sample)
- Virtual analog real-time synthesis (bass, lead)
- Real-time effected sample playback (raw Aiva Chanel Harmony sample pack vocals)
- Song mode builds, breaks and automation (filter and volume)
- Real-time multi-FX (chorus configured as phaser, reverb, delay)
- Real-time synthesis of faller/riser effects
- Real-time mastering (compressor/limiter) and side-chaining
- Conditional triggering (all tracks) and polymeters (bass, arpeggios, rim shot)
- Auto-chord inversions (strings)
This short 100% Woovebox produced 90s rave/acid Northern European hardcore sound demo was created to demonstrate;
Woovebox sound demo: "Acid"
- 303-like and 909-like synthesis
- Fully synthesized demo from basic waveforms, except built-in crash cymbal and vocal samples
This audio demo was created to demonstrate the Woovebox implementation of Super Saw oscillators.
Four identical sequences, showcase the four available Super Saw oscillator detune states (from heavy detune to subtle detune). Each sequence consists of;
- raw supersaw output, unmodulated, unfiltered 3-note + 1 bass note chord stabs (various inversions), replicated over two octaves. Reverb, stereo chorus and delay effects are applied.
- as above, but with a double drone note (transposed chord root)
- as above, but with an added arpeggiated double octave super saw with an LFO subtly opening the filter, and with simple decay amplitude envelope
- as above, but with a side-chained basic kick drum
Like the original, the Super Saw oscillators in your Woovebox consist of seven detuned saw wave oscillators, filtered by a key-following low cut filter. Though the above examples intentionally uses the same detune state for all parts, the four Super Saw oscillator types (e.g. detune states) may be mixed at will. Two Super Saw oscillator types may be used per voice. Given that the Woovebox synth architecture treats the Super Saw oscillators as basic sound sources (and not as an algorithm), they may be combined through any of the sixteen available algorithms to achieve complex patches and sound designs.
This demo features 252 simultaneous saw waves, yet utilizing under 50% DSP resources including effects and kick drum.Woovebox Super Saw demo
Your Woovebox is not a "tweak-a-preset" machine; you are highly encouraged to shape and explore your own sounds. This is a selection of these preset/template sounds that help you get your started.
- Fully synthesized song, except for built-in crash cymbal